What is Stomach Flu: Stomach flu is a type of viral gastroenteritis or stomach flu which can cause symptoms like cramps, diarrhea, restlessness and vomiting. People with weak immunity, such as children and the elderly, are most at risk of this disease.
How common is Stomach Flu?
Stomach flu is considered very troublesome and this problem can happen to people of any age. Controlling its causes can reduce its risk. For any further information contact your nearest doctor.
Stomach Flu Symptoms
What can be the symptoms of stomach flu? (Symptoms of Stomach Flu)
Stomach flu can have the following symptoms. like-
- Diarrhea or bloody stools can be a sign of a serious condition.
- Cramps or pain in the abdomen.
- Restlessness, vomiting, or both.
- Occasional muscle pain or headache.
- Mild fever
Along with these symptoms, if you see or understand any other symptoms, definitely consult a Gastroenterologist doctor in Jaipur.
When to see a doctor if you have Stomach Flu?
- Make sure to see a doctor if you notice any of these conditions:
- If you have to go to the toilet frequently,
- Vomiting for more than two days and vomiting with blood.
- If you are showing signs of dehydration. Such as a heavy head, feeling very thirsty, dry mouth, or feeling weak.
- If there is blood coming in the bowel movement, in that case also you should see a doctor.
What can cause Stomach Flu?
You can get the stomach flu by being near an infected person or by eating infected food. Many viruses such as norovirus and rotavirus can cause this disease.
What dangers increase your chances of getting this Flu?
The following conditions can increase the chances of stomach flu. like-
- Children can get this infection quickly, because their immune system is weak. That’s why they need to be protected from it.
- Elderly or elderly people can also fall prey to this infection because their immune system is also weak and immunity is low.
- Many people can get this disease from an infected person in the hospital. Actually, this disease can be spread due to infection.
- Apart from the hospital, the possibility of spreading this infection is more in any crowded place where people gather.
- Even if you are being treated for HIV, your immune system may be weakened and you may develop intestinal infections.
How can be Diagnosed?
Stomach flu can be diagnosed by observing the symptoms and with the help of physical examination in the patient. Also, if this disease is spreading at your place of residence, then only the doctor can apply this information as well. With the help of stool tests, viruses, bacteria such as norovirus or parasite infection can be detected.
How to avoid this Flu?
This disease can be avoided in the following way.
Get the children vaccinated on time
Vaccines should be administered in the first year of the child’s birth. This disease can be avoided by this.
Wash hands and teach the child to wash hands too
Pay special attention to hand hygiene before eating something or even if you are feeding it to your baby. Teach the child how to wash hands properly. If it is possible to wash hands with soap, then use sanitizer at such times.
Use your personal
Do not do personal things like drink water in a dirty glass, do not use other people’s towels or use any such things.
Stay away from infected person
If someone is infected with the flu, keep children out of contact with them.
By keeping these things in mind, infection can be avoided.
What changes and home remedies can help prevent Stomach Flu?
- Drink water and avoid caffeinated beverages like tea and coffee.
- Don’t drink alcohol.
- Eat only fast and easily digestible food. Eat things like soda crackers, chicken, bananas, toast or gelatin. Cut down on food when you feel anxious.
- Avoid high-spicy, heavy food, alcohol and caffeinated things until you recover.
- Take a rest
- For any further questions or information contact your doctor.
If you want to know the answer to any question related to this flu, then it would be better to understand from Dr. Shankar Dhaka. If you have any other questions you can ask on our Facebook page. We will try our best to answer all your questions in the comment box. You must share this article to make your near and dear ones aware of this information.
Also Read This: