What is Gastroenteritis?
What is Gastroenteritis: Inflammation in the upper layer of the intestine (intestine) is called gastroenteritis. It is believed that this happens due to fever, but this belief is wrong. This happens due to infection. This happens due to contamination of food, water or any other reason. By the way, the most common cause of gastroenteritis is considered to be dehydration.
This is due to excessive diarrhea and vomiting.
How common is Gastroenteritis?
Gastroenteritis is a common problem. It is more in newborns, children, adults and those people whose immune system is weak. The best way to avoid this disease is to wash your hands before eating or use a sanitizer. If you feel any problem, it is better to contact the doctor.
Symptoms of Gastroenteritis
The following are common symptoms of gastroenteritis:
- Abdominal pain or cramping
- Having diarrhea
- Nausea and vomiting
- Weight loss
- To get cold
- Having a headache
After 1 to 3 days of these symptoms, there may be a problem of infection, which can be cured in 1 to 2 days or as much as 10 days.
Apart from these symptoms, there may be other symptoms. Therefore, if you feel or understand the problem, contact the doctor.
When should I see the doctor?
The doctor should be contacted if the following problems occur:
- Loose motion or blood in the stool for more than 24 hours.
- Vomiting more than 2 times or bleeding during vomiting.
- Inability to urinate properly due to dehydration, yellowing of urine or excessive thirst.
- High fever
A doctor should be contacted if there is a problem in a newborn or children.
These problems include:
- High fever in children
- Unreasonable distress to the child
- Child irritability
- To be weak
- Diarrhea (blood coming during this)
- Prolonged vomiting
- Not passing urine
- Not sleeping well
Cause of Gastroenteritis
Gastroenteritis is caused due to viral infection, bacterial infection or parasite infection. This happens due to contamination of food, water or any other reason.
- Norovirus and Rotavirus are the main causes of viral infections.
- However, some people are affected by E.coli and Salmonella. This is due to eating raw (not properly cooked), poultry and/or eggs.
- When can the problem of gastroenteritis become more severe?
The problem may increase due to the following reasons:
- It is more likely to occur in newborns, children, adults and people whose immune system is weak.
- Having HIV or AIDS can damage the immune system.
- Chemotherapy affects the immune system.
- Living in an area where there is no clean water, the problem of gastroenteritis is more.
- Do not wash hands with clean water.
- Don’t take care of hygiene.
Diagnosis is made based on the following physical examination:
Medical history and physical examination
A stool test that can detect bacteria or parasites.
How is the Treatment Done?
Rest is essential for the treatment of gastroenteritis, as well as drinking plenty of fluids. Doctors start treatment with medicine based on the symptoms.
so looking for the gastroenteritis treatment in Jaipur must book an appointment with Dr. Shankar Dhaka he is one of the best Gastroenterologist in Jaipur provide best gastroenteritis treatment at affordable rates book an appointment now at 8104001166.
The following points should be kept in mind in case of gastroenteritis:
- Do not eat food for a while.
- Drink more juice and water.
- Eat such foods in the diet which can be easily digested.
- Eating banana or rice can be beneficial.
- Do not consume milk, alcohol, caffeine or fatty foods.
- Take a rest
In this article, we have tried to tell you the important things related to gastroenteritis. Hope you liked the given information of Jaipur Gastro. If you want to know the answer to any other question related to this disease, then definitely ask us. We will try to get your questions answered through medical exercises. Take care of yourself and stay healthy.